Do you like healthy and tasty food? Craving donuts since you’ve gone gluten-free? I have the best solution for you. Gluten-free donuts: delicious and healthy!
- 1/2 cup sugar and 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cups of gluten-free flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 baking powder
- pinch of salt
- baking soda
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of milk (lactose free)
TOPPING: 5 tablespoons salted butter, melted, 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon, 1/2 cup sugar.
*You can always use chocolate topping with sprinkles.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Prepare doughnut pan with oil spray.
- In the bowl, mix together the butter, oil, and sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla, beating until smooth.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Bake at 425° for 7 minutes or until they are a pale, golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 3 minutes. Turn the pan over to turn doughnuts out onto a cooling rack.
- Repeat with remaining batter, spraying the pan again with cooking spray between batches. While doughnuts are cooling, make the topping you like.